Who doesn’t love makeup? I feel absolutely naked leaving home without applying my mascara or lip tint! On other days, I’ve got to do a full makeup look, if I’m going out for an event. Here are a few tips and tricks that I’ve found useful!
- Before applying foundation, It’s important that you apply primer. It helps by making your makeup last longer.
- Apply your foundation before your concealer. If there are blemishes or spots still visible after you apply the foundation, cover them up with concealer.
- It is very important that your foundation matches your skin tone. Your concealer should be a shade lighter.
- Use a stippling brush to apply foundation on your face. This ensures that you don’t have any streaks on your face.
- To avoid your eyeshadow from creasing, it’s essential that you apply an eye primer. The eye primer prevents the eyeshadow from creasing.
- The eyeshadow needs to complement your eye colour. If you have brown eyes, you can pull off almost any colour, but the best colours would be blue and purple. If you have green eyes, then it’s deep plum or colours with red undertones. If you have blue eyes then peach or colours with an orange undertone.
- Make sure you curl your eyelashes before applying mascara.
- If you have small eyes, it’s better to avoid lining inside your lower lash line. Your eyes would look bigger with a cat eye.
- Eyebrows frame your face. Your eyebrows should be well groomed. It’s essential that you do your eyebrows since it’s one of the major features of your face.
- Your brows should start from the inner corner of your eye and should end at the outer corner of your eye.
- The arch of your eyebrow should be a diagonal line going through your pupil and ending at the tip of your nose.
- To fill in your brows, opt for brown or dark brown brow pencil, it’s more natural than black.
- To make your lips soft, use a scrub made of granulated sugar and olive oil to remove the dead cells.
- If you are wearing lipstick, apply a lip liner, to the edges of your lips and then colouring them in, it will make the lipstick last longer.
- If you’re planning on applying a red lipstick or other dark colours, keep your eye makeup simple so that it balances out.
- The best shade of lipstick is a colour that’s two shades darker than your natural lip colour.
- Neha Prasad