What is a GM diet you ask? Well it’s a weight loss program created by the General Motors Corporation to keep their employees healthy. It has similarities to Atkins and South beach diets, where specific foods are consumed in the given week.
The GM diet is a 7 day “weight loss” plan which has a vegetarian option as well. While everyone does lose weight during once the diet is completed, some tend to gain it back due to the fact that they go back to unhealthy habits of eating.
The idea behind the GM diet was to create a plan where people didn’t have to starve themselves to lose weight and along with weight loss, your body gets detoxified too. Here’s what the food intake during the 7 days looks like: -
- Day 1. Only fruits. Just like in the regular GM diet, only fruits are allowed to be consumed on the first day. All fruits can be consumed in generous quantities except for bananas, as they are high in carbohydrates and potassium. Water intake should also be observed at 10-12 glasses during the whole day.
- Day 2. The second day involves potato and vegetables. A cup of baked potato would serve as the body’s main energy source for the day, and then it can be followed up with vegetable dishes during lunch and dinner. Vegetable soup is highly powerful during this day, as it provides all the energy the body would need.
- Day 3. Fruit and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables may be served the whole day, from breakfast to dinner, including midday snacks. Fruit juice can also be taken aside from water, although no bananas or potatoes are allowed.
- Day 4. Bananas and milk. Banana and milk combos may be consumed all day, with vegetable soup servings during lunch and dinner. Banana and milk may be taken in the form of shakes, during breakfast and midday snacks.
- Day 5. Brown rice and tomatoes. Or beef and tomatoes. One cup of rice is good to last for the day together with tomatoes in order to induce cleansing.
- Day 6. Brown rice and vegetables. Or beef and vegetables. On this day mixed vegetables may be consumed all day, together with one cup of rice.
- Day 7. Up to two cups of brown rice may be consumed, together with fruit and vegetable servings.
For more information about the diet click here.
- Neha Prasad